Volunteer or Intern with TGHF and the International Garifuna Research Centre to gain experience in working in the non-profit sector. You can help with just one event or continuously work with us throughout the year. For the right candidate we offer you the chance to work closely with the staff at the Centre to assist us with various programs, departments and events.
We are looking for energetic and passionate volunteers and interns to help manage our exciting events. Interns are paired with a mentor who ensures the experience is mutually gainful for both parties.
We are not able to offer volunteers or Interns a salary or stipend, however successful completion of the period of Assignment with us may provide an important addition to your work Resume and access to possible study opportunities abroad. All volunteers and Interns will receive a Certificate of Merit upon completion of term of Assignment.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assist program directors and coordinators in organizing events.
- Commit to a regular schedule of approximately 15-30 hours a week.
- Have administrative duties.
- Connect with the Garifuna Communities, resource persons and members.
- Work on publicity, liason and outreach.
Please contact TGHF for more information on Tel: 784-4562124 or