The Karisko Association of Martinique has invited The Garifuna Heritage Foundation to send a SENIOR TEAM of persons over the age of 18 years to participate in the 8th Kalina Games.
INVITED COUNTRIES : GUYANA, SURINAME, BRAZIL, DOMINICA, SAINT VINCENT, GUADELOUPE
1. The nine senior team challenges are archery, coconut climbing, harpoon, rope pulling, kanawa race, kanawa pulling on the beach, the devils game, and charge transportation. Participants are required to train in advance .
2- The Games will be held from from 6 to 10 december at the CAMPING OF SAINTE – ANNE (Eco-Site de la Pointe Marin)
Arrival in Martinique : 6th december
Depart from Camping and/or from Martinique : 10th December, 2012
The Organizational Committee wishes to strengthen the exchanges and links between the local and invited foreign teams therefore a Jeux Kali’na Village is organized in the Eco-Site of Pont-Marin with the presence of all teams.
3- THE GAMES
What you need to know about the games
The whole running race is run by six team members (3 women, 3 men) only.
– The other team members can participate in workshops : harpoon, charge transportation, archery, coconut climbing, devil’s game)
– Please note the time limit of the different workshops (precised in the rules)
– The approximat if duration of the morning’s tests is two hours
The 7th December at 18h00 at the Eco- site of la Pointe Marin a lottery will be held to determine the banarés and the departure order of the participating teams .
-The 8th December at 6h30 the first two teams that have made banaré take off and then every five minutes two others until all the teams have departed
– The five km race is run in the spirit of « Banaré » ( the banarés must not leave the other behind but finish the race together)
-The 5km race includes (in the order) : harpoon, course transportation, archery, coconut climbing, devils game and finishises with the kanawa pulling)
– The 8th december at 15h Kanawa race, ONLY THE BEST TIME COUNTS
-The 8th december at 16h30 ROPE-PULLING CONTEST FINALE WITH TORCHES
– Rope-pulling contest finishes at 19h30
- The 8th December from 21h to 1h in the morning: festive evening (Music, dancing…)
- The 9th December from 20h : Gala Evening at the Hippodrome de Carrère, Lamentin
5- OFFICIAL CEREMONIES
- Opening ceremony Friday 7th December, 2012 in Marin, at the town’s beach at 9:00 am with the participation of the competing teams.
- Closing ceremony Sunday 9th December, 2012 in Lamentin, Palais des Sports at 14h with the participation of the competing teams.